Reasons and risk group
1. Paronychia, as we have said, often develops after various injuries, for example, a blow, cut or injection with an unsterile object, a bite, poorly performed manicure and so on.
2. It is worth remembering that this is an infectious disease and the infection can be brought directly to the affected area, and is also able to migrate from nearby sites.
3. The periungual nail and nail can become infected when exposed to chemicals and high temperatures, when wearing tight shoes, with an ingrown nail, and can also be the result of skin diseases such as eczema, psoriasis, mycosis, and complication of diabetes.
Finding out the cause of paronychia will help the doctor prevent the development of the disease in the future.
Such a purulent-inflammatory process as paronychia is very similar to panaritium, however, in this case, the nail and periungual tissue are involved in the process.
1. The disease often develops after an injury in this area and in most cases is as follows. Initially, a small area of the skin turns red, it becomes sensitive when pressed.
2. Then pus joins (white contents appear), the formation increases in size and becomes painful at rest, the patient complains of a feeling of fullness.
3. The nail hurts when pressed. The abscess can be opened independently.
Most patients turn to doctors in the later stages of the disease, as a result of which the treatment may be more radical, and the rehabilitation period may be long.
4. In some cases, vesicles, peeling, and even sores may appear at the site of inflammation. More details about these forms in the "Classification" section.
Paronychia is called acute purulent inflammation of the periungual roller and the subungual space. It is often localized on the fingers of the hands than the feet. This is a common condition that not only violates the beauty of the nail, but is also accompanied by pain and other unpleasant sensations. If you start treatment on time, then you can avoid the development of complications and completely restore the nail.
If you notice the appearance of swelling, pain and even accumulation of pus under the nail or around it, do not try to remove the pus yourself, but immediately contact a surgeon!
You can safely begin the treatment that we carry out as quickly and effectively as possible in Tashkent. Gatling Med Clinic will make you confident in yourself and in your health!