What are abscesses and the causes of its occurrence
An abscess is a painful abscess surrounded by inflamed tissue. It can often be felt easily. Such formation can appear on any part of the body, but most often they are affected by:
• The area around the anus and vagina (abscess of the Bartholin glands);
• Tissue around the tooth;
• Skin in the groin area;
• Hair follicles.
Causes of abscesses
• A purulent abscess of soft tissues can be a complication of skin damage;
• Post-injection abscess develops when the drug is injected with a non-sterile syringe, in severe cases, the spread of a purulent process - phlegmon;
• Such a process often complicates the course of any infectious diseases of a bacterial nature, for example, a paratonsillar abscess develops as a sore throat
• Abdominal abscesses can develop when germs are carried through the blood vessels;
If there is pain, swelling of the skin, the formation of a tubercle on it or a seal with a softened center, it is necessary to consult a surgeon.
• Abscess treatment is performed under local anesthesia.
• The skin is disinfected, anesthetic is injected, the abscess is opened.
• After emptying the cavity, it is washed with an antiseptic solution and dried.
• A drain is inserted into the wound for 1 - 2 days and covered with a sterile bandage.
Immediately after such an operation, the patient's well-being is much improved. Additionally, the doctor may prescribe antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs. After a few days, the drain is removed.
With abscesses of internal organs, the principle of treatment is the same - opening, cleansing, drainage. Access to the target organ may require extensive surgery or the use of endoscopic techniques.
Surgeons do not recommend treating an abscess at home, because this can lead to a delay in the process and the development of sepsis. However, people often use lotions with aloe juice, onion gruel, compresses with rye bread. We advise you to immediately contact the clinic by making an appointment by phone.
Do not pierce or squeeze out the contents of the abscess. This can provoke the spread of infection through the blood vessels.
You can safely start treatment, which we carry out as quickly and efficiently as possible in Tashkent. The Gatling Med clinic will make you feel confident in yourself and your health!