Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) is a common disease that occurs in a third of the stronger sex after 40 years and in half after reaching 50 years of age. The resulting tumor does not contain cancer cells, but causes a number of problems as it grows and the prostate body enlarges. Since the urethra passes through the prostate gland, prostate adenoma in men is primarily manifested by problems with emptying the bladder due to partial or complete occlusion of the urethra.
Reasons for the development of prostate adenoma
The growth of the prostate gland begins in childhood and ends completely at the age of 20-25. Its normal volume for an adult healthy man is 23-25 cm3, weight is about 20 g. After 40 years, the prostate begins to grow again, which is a natural process associated with a change in hormonal levels due to aging of the body. Symptoms of adenoma arise depending on the individual physiological characteristics.
Depending on the nature of the growth of tumor formation, specialists distinguish 4 types of prostate adenoma:
- Subbubble. It develops towards the rectum.
- Retrotrigonal. It is observed under the bladder triangle.
- Intravesical. Increases in the direction of the bladder.
- Multi-focal. Differs in a mixed type of growth.
The urologist is engaged in diagnostics of prostatic hyperplasia. The disease is quite easy to identify on the basis of a detailed survey and digital examination of the prostate during a rectal examination. After the initial measures, laboratory tests are carried out: blood biochemistry for urea and creatinine, a general urine test, a PSA (prostate specific antigen) level test. The final stage of diagnosis is an ultrasound of the prostate and bladder for residual urine.
Typical signs of BPH:
- Involuntary flow of urine and difficulty holding it;
- Weak stream and the need for tension when urinating;
- Frequent urge to empty the bladder;
- A burning sensation in the urethra;
- Long waiting before the start of urination;
- Leakage of urine after going to the toilet;
- A feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder;
- Frequent night trips to the toilet;
- Turbid color of urine, blood impurities;
- Excretion of a small amount of urine, even with a strong urge.
You can safely start treatment, which we carry out as quickly and efficiently as possible in Tashkent. The Gatling Med clinic will make you feel confident in yourself and your health!