An umbilical hernia is a pathology in which part of the internal organs of a person begins to go beyond the front abdominal wall.
Umbilical hernias occur anywhere in the abdominal cavity within 2 to 3 cm from the center of the navel. Organs can fall directly through the umbilicus (umbilical ring) or through a gap near the umbilical canal - first into the subcutaneous tissue, and only then into the umbilical ring. Departed organs are in a thin film of connective tissue - a hernial sac. The fallen organs can be located freely in the hernial sac or form a commissure with it - a single structure.
Causes of occurrence
A fairly large number of factors can lead to umbilical hernias:
• Strong bunch expansion due to poor healed umbilical ring in infancy.
• Umbilical ring sprains (most often with a sharp increase in body weight, including during pregnancy).
• Increased abdominal pressure as a response to trauma, lung disease.
• Errors of surgeons during operations on the stomach, intestines, removal of the gallbladder or neglect of rehabilitation after operations in the abdomen, stomach. Incorrect tissue fusion, illiterate surgical sutures can lead to an umbilical hernia.
• Interviewing a patient. The doctor asks the patient about the symptoms, finds out the reasons for the development of the pathology, wonders if the patient has relatives suffering from hernias, and studies what other diseases the person suffers from.
• Manual palpation of the abdominal wall. The method is old, but very informative for diagnosis.
• X-ray examination.
• Ultrasound examination of the abdominal cavity.
• Laboratory blood diagnostics - the most effective method for detecting inflammation.
• CT scan. It is appointed according to indications. As a rule, if other types of research do not allow you to see an objective picture. Very often, tomography is prescribed for patients with excess body weight.
Since the patient may experience pain in the lower abdomen and stomach, an examination by a proctologist (colonoscopy) and fibrogastroscopy (“swallowing a probe”) may be additionally prescribed.
Treatment (Treatment Methods)
• Expectant technique (under the supervision of a doctor). It is used only in the treatment of hernias in childhood. Under the age of 5 years, a hernia can disappear spontaneously. The decision is to resort to a wait-and-see technique or more radical methods of treatment, the doctor takes on the basis of the size of the hernia, associated diseases of the child.
• Surgery. Operations can be emergency and scheduled. Emergency surgery is resorted to if the hernial sac is restrained, the inflammatory process is pronounced, intestinal obstruction is diagnosed, bleeding has developed. In case of emergency hernia repair, surgeons are focused on abdominal surgery. Rehabilitation after such operations is lengthy. But when infringement of a hernia, doctors fight for the life of a person, and therefore the use of abdominal operations in this case is justified. During planned operations, surgeons resort to laporoscopic hernioplasty. Pain is minimal. The recovery process is quite fast.
You can safely begin the treatment that we carry out as quickly and efficiently as possible in Tashkent. The Gatling Med Clinic will make you be confident in yourself and in your health!