Atheroma is a tumor-like formation that occurs as a result of blockage of the duct of the sebaceous gland.
Atheroma can appear on any parts of the body where hair grows, but its predominant localization — on the scalp, face (especially below the mouth), back, neck, genital area.
Atheromas can be both single and multiple, their sizes are also variable, some can reach up to 4-5 cm in diameter. Large atheromas can squeeze nearby tissues and blood vessels, disrupting their metabolic processes.
On the skin, soft subcutaneous tumors of a rounded shape are formed, the tumor has clear boundaries, its value can be from the size of a pea to the size of a chicken egg. The patient may not feel any discomfort from atheroma, but there is a possibility of complications, in this regard, it is necessary to carry out timely treatment of the disease.
The following reasons lead to this process:
* Failure to observe basic rules of personal hygiene;
* Injury to hair follicles (for example, if epilation is not performed correctly);
* The use of low-quality cosmetics, the components of which are able to clog the pores;
* Excessive consumption of sweet, fatty and flour;
* Adverse environment: polluted air (construction sites, etc.).
Its removal is performed surgically and in sterile operating conditions. Try to open zhirovik independently at home in any case should not be, because it threatens infectious complications, and remove the formation must be entirely, together with the capsule. What are the correct methods of removing atheroma?
* The surgical method is most often performed under local anesthesia. There are several similar ways to remove atheroma, different approach to dealing with the contents of Wen: or capsule first opened, clean out the contents and then remove, or remove unopened capsule whole. At the end of the procedure, the surgeon sutures, which are removed after 7-10 days.
* Radio wave method-high-frequency waves under local anesthesia powerfully heat and then literally evaporate the damaged atheroma tissue, leaving a small wound surface on the site of the procedure. Stitches are not required, the wound heals very quickly on its own.
* Laser method is currently recognized as the most innovative and gentle. Depending on the size of the atheroma, the option of laser photocoagulation is chosen: if the fat is not more than half a centimeter in diameter, the beam simply burns it out. And if the size of the formation is about one centimeter or more, the operation begins with the opening of the atheroma capsule by laser excision, followed by laser treatment of the cavity. There is no need for sutures, as a result of coagulation there is a small crust, after which there are no scars, no scars.
There is no conservative treatment for atheroma. The only possible option is when the atheroma is not inflamed, and the aesthetic side of the patient is not concerned. In this case, it is enough to monitor the condition of the atheroma in order to track the possible development of the inflammatory process, when surgery becomes necessary.
Tashkent clinic “Gatling-med", equipped with the latest medical technology and doctors with 10 years of experience is ready to accept you and answer all questions, and, moreover, to conduct proper operations at an affordable price.