Causes of rheumatism
Hemolytic streptococcus group A causes the development of angina, scarlet fever, erysipelas. The human immune system actively reacts to the presence of such a pathogen in the body-it produces specific antibodies that fight the microbe.
Therefore, rheumatic fever is considered a disease of an infectious and allergic nature - a pathogenic microorganism with hyperreactivity of the human immune system plays a role in its development.
Many of us have had angina, but rheumatic fever develops only in 1-3% of people, this is facilitated by such factors:
- incorrect treatment of streptococcal infection;
- genetic predisposition;
- deficiency of vitamins and trace elements;
- the presence of autoimmune diseases (lupus, scleroderma, etc.)
Symptoms of rheumatism
You can suspect the disease by such manifestations:
- development of the disease in 1-2 weeks after tonsillitis, pharyngitis, scarlet fever, erysipelas;
- a sharp increase in body temperature, general weakness;
- joint pain (knee, ankle, elbow, wrist);
- puffiness and redness of the skin over the joints, stiffness of movements;
- pain in the heart area;
- shortness of breath, dizziness, headache;
- muscle weakness, involuntary twitching of the limbs;
- pink rash in the form of a ring on the body, quickly passes;
- rheumatic nodules - painless dense small formations under the skin in the area of the joints;
- pulling pains in the lower back, darkening, redness of the urine.
If such symptoms occur, you should make an appointment with a doctor, a general practitioner, a cardiologist or a rheumatologist.
Treatment of rheumatism
In the treatment of rheumatism, various types of therapy are used:
- prescribing penicillin-type antibiotics helps to destroy streptococcus;
- the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (voltaren, indomethacin) reduces the activity of the inflammatory process;
- the appointment of glucocorticoids (prednisone) helps to prevent inflammation of the heart;
- the appointment of riboxin, cocarboxylase (helps to improve the metabolism in the heart).
Prevention of rheumatic fever
Depending on the goal you want to achieve, there may be primary and secondary prevention of rheumatism.
The primary option includes the possibility of preventing the disease, and this option applies to people who are at risk: weakened children, patients with impaired immunity and genetic predisposition. Recommended for healthy living - healthy habits, proper nutrition, playing in the fresh air.
Secondary prevention is intended for people who have already suffered from rheumatism. It is necessary to constantly monitor the state of your health and follow all the doctor's instructions. This is the only way to avoid complications in chronic rheumatism.
You can safely start treatment, which we carry out as quickly and efficiently as possible in Tashkent. The Gatling Med clinic will make you feel confident in yourself and your health!