Cholecystitis can be caused by bacteria (escherichia coli, streptococcus, staphylococcus, etc.), helminths, giardia, fungi; there are cholecystitis of a toxic and allergic nature. Microbial flora enters the gallbladder ascending (from the intestine), hematogenic (through the blood) or lymphogenic (through the lymph) path.
Symptoms of chronic cholecystitis:
- dull, aching (sometimes sharp) pain in the right hypochondrium,
- feeling of bitterness and metallic taste in the mouth,
- belching with air,
- violation of defecation (possible alternation of constipation and diarrhea),
- irritability, insomnia.
Diagnosis of chronic cholecystitis:
Diagnosis begins with the identification of the main complaints and external signs of the disease, showing the doctor the further diagnostic algorithm. To clarify the diagnosis of chronic cholecystitis, the following diagnostic methods are used:
- Ultrasound of the abdominal organs, in particular the gallbladder, allows you to detect the presence of stones or signs of inflammation in the gallbladder.
- Cholegraphy – an X-ray examination method that allows you to identify signs of inflammation of the gallbladder. Cholegraphy is not performed during the exacerbation of the disease, as well as during pregnancy (in these cases, ultrasound is preferred).
- General and biochemical blood tests-allow you to identify signs of inflammation and other signs characteristic of liver and gallbladder diseases
Analysis of feces for parasites (roundworms, Giardia) – mandatory for all patients with cholecystitis.
Treatment of chronic cholecystitis:
With exacerbations of chronic cholecystitis, hospitalization in a surgical or therapeutic hospital is necessary;
the therapy is the same as for acute cholecystitis. In mild cases, outpatient treatment is possible: bed rest, dietary nutrition-restriction of fatty foods and their caloric content, eating 4-6 times a day.
In the phase of exacerbation of the process, broad-spectrum antibiotics are used, which accumulate in the bile in a sufficiently high concentration, in normal therapeutic doses for 7-10 days. Antiparasitic drugs are effective in giardiasis. To eliminate biliary dyskinesia and spastic pain, symptomatic treatment is prescribed with one of the antispasmodic agents (no-shpa, motilium, etc.).
Violation of the outflow of bile in patients with chronic cholecystitis is corrected by choleretic agents (synthetic and plant origin), stimulating the formation and excretion of bile by the liver, as well as increasing the muscular contraction of the gallbladder and the flow of bile into the duodenum. It is advisable to use enzyme preparations containing bile acids.
You can safely start treatment, which we carry out as quickly and efficiently as possible in Tashkent. Gatling Med Clinic will make you feel confident in yourself and in your health!