There are acute and chronic pancreatitis. Acute pancreatitis occurs most often unexpectedly, characterized by acute attacks. But this type of pancreatitis is cured as suddenly as it appears. Chronic, however, has other symptoms, and with prolonged exposure, the pancreas is destroyed.
Currently, the term "chronic pancreatitis" refers to a group of chronic diseases of the pancreas of various etiologies, mainly of an inflammatory nature, characterized by:
- phase-progressive segmental diffuse-degenerative or destructive changes in the parenchyma;
- atrophy of the glandular elements (pancreatitis) and their replacement by connective tissue (fibrosis);
- changes in the ductal system of the pancreas with the formation of cysts and concretions with a violation of the passage of secretions;
- various degrees of disorders of exocrine and endocrine functions.
Causes of chronic pancreatitis:
Among the causes contributing to the development of the disease, the main place is occupied by the use of alcoholic beverages (alcohol accounts for 70-80% of all cases of CP) and pathology of the biliary tract (in particular, ampular lithiasis, concretions of the large duodenal papilla, pathology of the gastroduodenal zone).
Also, the development of pancreatitis contributes to:
- violation of the regime, qualitative and quantitative structure of nutrition;
- food sensitisation;
- long-term use of medications (diuretics, sulfonamides, metronidazole, nitrofurans, calcium supplements, immunosuppressants, indirect anticoagulants, estrogens, tetracyclines, corticosteroids, etc.).
Symptoms of chronic pancreatitis:
- this is a meager chair
- weight loss
- dull aching pain under the left rib
- feeling of heaviness in the abdomen
- there is nausea, bitterness in the mouth.
Treatment of chronic and acute forms of pancreatitis.
Usually, patients with pancreatitis are prescribed a special diet, in which it is necessary to eat 5-6 times a day in medium portions.
But if you are late with seeking medical help, there is a risk of exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis. In this case, you can not avoid hospitalization with strict daily monitoring of blood parameters, white blood cells and water balance during the first week.
Also, in the first three days of exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis, it is recommended to fast and take alkaline solutions every two hours.
Chronic pancreatitis is treated by replacement therapy with enzyme preparations based on pancreatin. Most often, treatment begins with three tablets before, after and during meals. It is important to note that the necessary enzyme medications for chronic pancreatitis are prescribed for a fairly long time, or even for life. And it is necessary to take them, strictly observing the prescribed diet. Therefore, you should not expose yourself to the risk of an exacerbation of the disease and delay a visit to the doctor.
You can safely start treatment, which we carry out as quickly and efficiently as possible in Tashkent. Gatling Med Clinic will make you feel confident in yourself and in your health!