Intercostal neuralgia (thoracalgia) is a pain syndrome that occurs when there is an inflammation, irritation or compression of the intercostal nerves. The main symptom of intercostal neuralgia is pain on the left or right side of the chest.
This disease is not easy to treat, as it can give many false symptoms. And the reasons for its appearance can be very diverse:
• The impact on the human body of low temperatures.
• The presence in the body of other diseases that are inflammatory in nature.
* Old chest injuries that can lead to complications and the development of chest radiculitis.
* Tumors of the spinal cord, concentrated in the thoracic spine.
* Negative impact of toxic substances on the body, chronic poisoning.
• Damage to the membranes of the nerves.
* Old diseases of the digestive system, which lead to a lack of b vitamins in the body.
* One of the most common causes of this disease is osteochondrosis, intervertebral hernias, spondylitis, progressive kyphosis or spondylopathy on the background of hormonal disorders.
* Age-related changes in the body, diabetes is the most common cause, which explains the high incidence of this disease among older people.
* Stress and chronic fatigue.
* Colds and the presence of infections in the body. The disease can actively develop against the background of herpes lesions.
* Pleurisy (inflammation of the pleura of the lungs).
Acute, piercing, aching, burning or dull pain in the ribs, which manifests itself in fits or intermittently, in which a person suffers from pain on the breath, which prevents normal breathing. Attacks are sometimes accompanied by muscle twitching, sweating, strong tingling in the chest, the skin becomes red or pale. With a sharp movement, sneezing, changing the position of the body, coughing pain increases.
Painful sensations can be when pressing on certain points located on the back, along the chest, spine, in the area of intercostal spaces.
Pain in neuralgia responds not only in the heart, there may be pain under the shoulder blade, in the clavicle and lower back.
Immediately at the site of damage to the nerve fibers, numbness is observed.
Medical treatment includes analgesics (analgin, sedalgin, spazgan), nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (ibuprofen, Ketoprofen, diclofenac, celebrex, voltaren, indomethacin, piroxicam) inside, in rectal candles or intramuscularly. All these drugs should be taken systematically by the hour, prophylactically, without waiting for increased pain.
In addition, physiotherapeutic methods of treatment are widely used: diadynamic and sinusoidally modulated currents, electrophoresis and phonophoresis of drugs, ultraviolet irradiation, etc. reflexotherapy is Shown: acupuncture, moxibustion, laser therapy.
Tashkent clinic Gatling-med, provided with the most modern medical equipment and highly qualified doctors, is ready to advise you and conduct proper treatment at a guaranteed high level.