For the diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis, different methods are used:
- laboratory. They involve immunological, biochemical studies and the study of a general blood test;
- instrumental. Joint puncture, radioisotope examination, X-ray-these are common diagnostic options;
- a biopsy. It also belongs to the instrumental ones, but it is made separately, because of all the listed solutions, it is used most rarely.
Diagnosis begins with a doctor's appointment and examination. To make an appointment for a consultation, you should contact a rheumatologist.
For those forms where the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis can give a good result, use a whole set of different medications:
- anti-inflammatory non-steroidal drugs;
- basic drugs. They are made on the basis of several active components;
- hormonal substances. In this case, glucocorticoids are used in different types: tablets, ointments, means for injection;
- biological agents: monoclonal antibodies, regulators of lymphocyte differentiation, etc.
In addition to the main treatment, patients are offered physiotherapy procedures, therapeutic gymnastics (only at the time of remission). Be sure to prescribe the prevention of osteoporosis. And rheumatoid arthritis, if it greatly reduces the quality of life, may involve surgical correction of "complex" joints.
- drug therapy;
- non-drug therapies;
- orthopedic treatment, rehabilitation.
Based on the pathogenesis of the disease, it becomes obvious that it is possible to effectively influence the development of the disease on two levels:
- suppressing excessive activity of the immune system;
- blocking the production of inflammatory mediators, primarily prostaglandins.
Since, in addition to the actual inflammation, the activation of the immune system is accompanied by many other pathological processes, the effect at the first level is much deeper and more effective than at the second. Drug-induced immunosuppression is the basis for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Immunosuppressants used for the treatment of this disease include basic anti-inflammatory drugs (HDL), biological drugs and glucocorticosteroids. On the second level, there are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and corticosteroids.
You can safely start treatment, which we carry out as quickly and efficiently as possible in Tashkent. The Gatling Med clinic will make you feel confident in yourself and your health!