A cyst is a painful formation, a cavity in various organs and tissues, the contents of which are fluid or dead cells.
Doctors distinguish between true and false cysts: the true one is lined with epithelium, the false one is not. A cyst can develop in utero (congenital) or during life (acquired). According to the histological structure, cysts are:
-retentional - arise due to blockage of the duct of the gland;
- duplication - doubling of the organ section, along the alimentary canal can develop anywhere;
-parasitic - the initial stage of development of tapeworms;
-traumatic - formed when the epithelium is pressed into the underlying tissues, typical of the hands and feet;
- dysontogenetic - are formed if embryonic canals and cracks do not dissolve in time, in the intestine these are the remains of the yolk-intestinal passage;
-tumor - occur inside malignant formations, often multi-chambered.
Symptoms depend entirely on the location of the cyst. For unknown reasons, the favorite localization is the sigmoid and rectum, less often the small intestine and mesentery, or the place of attachment to the back of the abdomen. Polycystic bowel disease is rare.
While the cyst is small, it does not manifest itself in any way. With an increase, the following symptoms may appear:
- mild abdominal pain without clear localization, pulling or cramping (colic);
- meteorism, gas incontinence, in severe cases - feces;
-feeling of incomplete bowel movement;
- with a large cyst in the perianal region and perineum, you can feel a dense painless elastic knot that is not welded to the skin;
-pain in the perineum;
-the feeling of the presence of a foreign body in the intestine;
- frequent and unsuccessful urge to urinate and defecate.
It is difficult to establish a specific cause, but statistics claim that the following risk factors matter:
- confirmed cancer or benign tumor in blood relatives;
- smoking, especially several packs of strong cigarettes a day;
-low physical activity, sedentary lifestyle;
- the predominance of red meat in food;
- eating large amounts of animal fat;
- eating a lot of fresh white bread and baked goods.
Depends on the size and location of the cyst. If the formation is discovered by chance during a routine examination or during an examination for another reason and does not show itself in any way, then at first they observe its growth and "behavior". Once every six months or more often - as the doctor prescribes - you need to undergo a second examination. The cyst cannot dissolve or disappear on its own. Only hormone-dependent formations decrease in size, but this is a completely different story. Once a cyst has arisen, it accompanies a person until the end of his days. If it does not increase in size and does not bother, then you can not delete it. However, it is required to monitor her condition at least once a year.
You can safely begin treatment, which we carry out as quickly and efficiently as possible in Tashkent. The Gatling Med clinic will make you feel confident in yourself and your health!