Sigmoidoscopy (sigmoidoscopy) is a method of examining the inner surface of the rectum and the distal part of the sigmoid colon using a tubular endoscope (rectoscope) inserted through the anus.
Most often, sigmoidoscopy complements the results obtained with digital rectal examination and anoscopy.
Indications for sigmoidoscopy:
- Bleeding from the lower digestive tract;
- Loss of hemorrhoids;
- Prolapse of tumor-like formations or intestinal wall (mucosal prolapse);
- Symptoms of incomplete bowel movement;
- Pathological discharge from the rectum (pus, mucus)
- Constipation, unstable stools;
- Suspicion of foreign bodies.
In case of suspicion of an ulcer, polyps, rectal tumor, the doctor may also prescribe a diagnosis.
Sigmoidoscopy makes it possible to reveal nonspecific ulcerative colitis, chronic and acute proctosigmoiditis, anomalies in the development of the distal colon and other pathologies. With the help of research, it is often possible to determine the cause of intestinal bleeding.
It is not necessary to carry out rectoscopy when:
- Aggravation of anal fissures;
- Blood clotting disorders;
- Chemical and thermal burns of the investigated area;
- Intestinal infections;
- Profuse bleeding.
You can safely start treatment, which we carry out as quickly and efficiently as possible in Tashkent. The Gatling Med clinic will make you feel confident in yourself and your health!