Rhinoplasty is the correction of congenital or acquired deformities of the nose, as well as the complete restoration of the missing nose.
Nose surgery has many nuances, including, it is considered to be one of the most complex types of surgery.
There are medical and aesthetic;
* Curved cartilaginous septum, which impedes breathing and provokes swelling of the respiratory tract under temperature exposure;
* Post-traumatic deformation of the shape, curvature or displacement of cartilage;
* Birth defects that make breathing difficult;
* Wide nostrils or back;
• A major tip of the nose ("potato»);
* Presence of pronounced hump;
* No pronounced bridge of the nose;
* Hooked nose with a down-curved tip;
Types of rhinoplasty
For whatever purpose rhinoplasty is performed, it is divided into 2 types:
Open. It is performed after the incision on the columella, i.e. the part between the nostrils. Shown with cleft palate or lips. It is often carried out with pronounced deformation, repeated rhinoplasty and for the introduction of implants.
Close. It is resorted to by most surgeons who act on the mucosa and correct flaws with the help of hidden incisions. Seams from a rhinoplasty are invisible.
Modern technologies have provided the emergence of non-surgical rhinoplasty, when you do not need to go under the surgeon's knife. The following types of such procedure are distinguished:
• Injectable. It is aimed at correction of small defects by means of introduction by a thin needle of special preparations on the basis of hyaluronic acid or silicone.
* Aptos Threads. They help to correct the shape of the tip of the nose and its wings. Through small punctures, the doctor tightens the tissue.
Laser. It is a softening of cartilage with a laser and giving the body the desired shape. It is intermediate between surgical and non-surgical rhinoplasty.
Plastic surgery on the nose
* Plastic nostrils. Aims to reduce these parts if they are too large.
* Tip correction. Aesthetic defects are corrected, for example, in snub-nosed people.
* Operation on columella. Carried out to narrow or build cartilage septum between the nostrils.
* Nose correction. Defects of a back in the form of humps or bevels are corrected.
* Septorhinoplasty. It is carried out for medical reasons to restore normal breathing.
• Electrocoagulation. Mucosal changes are corrected due to the influence of electric current.
* Grafting. Cartilage augmentation due to transplants from the ears or nasal septum.
• Reconstructive. A secondary operation is performed to correct errors or to eliminate defects of the previous one.
After rhinoplasty, as a rule, there is a strong swelling of the nose and in the area around the eyes. After surgery, a plaster cast should be worn for at least 7-10 days if osteotomy has been performed. Edema partially disappear after 10-20 days. The preliminary result is estimated in 6 months, the final-in 12 months. As a rule, the postoperative period does not give the patient pain. For some time, the patient has to breathe through the mouth, if the surgeon considers it necessary to leave tampons in the nose for up to three days.
The healing time depends on the individual characteristics of the body and the age of the patient, so the doctor can only name the approximate duration of rehabilitation. After removal of plaster visit of the doctor with the periodicity specified by it for survey is necessary.
After rhinoplasty it is recommended to limit physical activity. As in the first weeks, the nose is still weak and easy to injure, it is recommended to give up wearing glasses and switch to contact lenses. In order not to provoke nosebleeds, it is recommended to exclude too hot and too cold food from the diet. It is possible to return to Amateur sports in 2 months, professional-not less than in 6 months.
You should also take into account a number of medical recommendations for restrictions after rhinoplasty:
It is strongly recommended to give up Smoking for at least 30 days, both before and after surgery. Ignoring this point can cause complications, up to necrosis.
Within 2 months, you should refuse to visit the baths, saunas, swimming pools and any reservoirs. Also, you can not sunbathe.
In order not to provoke nosebleeds, it is recommended to exclude too hot and too cold food and drinks from the diet. Also, to avoid excessive swelling, it is desirable to limit the consumption of salty food.
In addition, you should follow a number of General recommendations: do not sleep on your side and stomach, do not remove the plaster yourself and do not change tampons, try to laugh more accurately, sneeze and cough. Violation of the doctor's recommendations can prolong the rehabilitation period and even worsen the expected result.
Tashkent clinic "gatling-med" and its doctors, being having more than 10 years of experience behind, are ready not only to advise you, but also to carry out proper operations at affordable prices.