Ultrasound of the abdominal cavity is carried out with the help of a complex study, which includes: investigation of the liver, gall bladder, spleen, pancreas, kidneys, retroperitoneal space and adrenal glands.
Symptoms indicating the performance of ultrasound:
Ultrasound diagnosis of the abdominal cavity is carried out for the patient, who is lying in a lying position for 20-30 minutes. The examination is completely painless, excluding all unpleasant sensations. A special gel is applied to the site of the investigation and using an ultrasound sensor that moves slowly in a specific area of the skin, the result of ultrasound is revealed.
To get the most accurate result, the patient should refuse for a couple of days from the use:
Having done ultrasound of the abdominal cavity, you can identify the following diseases:
- Acute and persistent hepatitis in the liver; Cirrhosis, cyst, hemangiomas, adenomas-benign, also parasitic cysts, malignant formations;
- The condition of internal organs;
- Increased spleen, inflammation or liver disease;
- Presence of stones in the gallbladder;
- Tumor benign and malignant lesions;
- Acute and chronic pancreatitis in the pancreas;
- Presence of cholelithiasis.
Ultrasound diagnosis is carried out on an empty stomach (do not eat 9-10 hours before ultrasound). The most suitable time is the morning. Patients should refrain from any food, chewing gum, gaseous beverages, flour food. It is desirable for 2-3 days to drink 5 tablets of activated carbon per day.