Group A hemolytic streptococcus causes the development of angina, scarlet fever, erysipelas. The human immune system actively reacts to the presence of such a pathogen in the body - it produces specific antibodies that fight the microbe.
Therefore, rheumatic fever is considered a disease of an infectious-allergic nature - a pathogenic microorganism plays a role in its development, with a hyperreactivity of the human immune system.
Many of us have had a sore throat, but rheumatic fever develops in only 1-3% of people, this is facilitated by such factors:
- incorrect treatment of streptococcal infection;
- genetic predisposition;
- deficiency of vitamins and microelements;
- the presence of autoimmune diseases (lupus, scleroderma, etc.)
Symptoms of rheumatism
You can suspect the disease by such manifestations:
- the development of the disease 1-2 weeks after suffering tonsillitis, pharyngitis, scarlet fever, erysipelas;
- a sharp increase in body temperature, general weakness;
- pain in the joints (knee, ankle, elbow, wrist);
- swelling and redness of the skin over the joints, stiffness of movements;
- pain in the region of the heart;
- shortness of breath, dizziness, headache;
- muscle weakness, involuntary twitching of the limbs;
- pink rash in the form of a ring on the body, quickly disappears;
- rheumatic nodules ー painless dense small formations under the skin in the area of \u200b\u200bthe joints;
- Drawing pains in the lower back, darkening, redness of the urine.
When such symptoms appear, you should make an appointment with a doctor for a general practitioner, cardiologist or rheumatologist.
Treatment of rheumatism
In the treatment of rheumatism, various types of therapy are used:
- the appointment of antibiotics of the penicillin series helps to destroy streptococcus;
- the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (Voltaren, indomethacin) reduces the activity of the inflammatory process;
- the appointment of glucocorticoids (prednisolone) helps to prevent inflammation of the heart;
- the appointment of riboxin, cocarboxylase (helps improve metabolism in the heart).
Prevention of rheumatism
Depending on the goal you want to achieve, there may be primary and secondary prevention of rheumatism.
The primary option includes the possibility of preventing the disease, and this option applies to people at risk: weakened children, patients with impaired immunity and genetic predisposition. A healthy lifestyle is recommended - hardening, proper nutrition, outdoor activities.
Secondary prevention is intended for people who have already had rheumatism. It is necessary to constantly monitor the state of your health and follow all the doctor's instructions. This is the only way to avoid complications in chronic rheumatism.
You can safely start treatment, which we carry out as quickly and efficiently as possible in Tashkent. Gatling Med Clinic will make you feel confident in yourself and in your health!