Asthma diagnosis is the most important step in helping the patient. Currently, our specialists use only an integrated approach and the most informative research methods, including:
- Individual history taking in order to identify provoking factors (exposure to allergens, occupational factors, tobacco smoke, cold air, excessive physical and emotional stress, taking certain medications), hereditary predisposition to asthma;
- Thorough examination using physical methods (auscultation, etc.);
- Functional studies:
1. Spirometry is a study that allows you to register and document airway obstruction.
2. Body plethysmography and the study of the diffusion capacity of the lungs are modern methods of in-depth functional examination of the lungs, which provide important information about the state of the respiratory and gas exchange function of the lungs.
This set of methods, as a rule, is sufficient to establish or refute the diagnosis of bronchial asthma. But in some cases, additional studies may be required, which our specialists will provide you with: X-ray or computed tomography of the chest organs, echocardiography, bronchoscopy, etc., as well as consultations of doctors of related specialties (allergist, cardiologist, otorhinolaryngologist, gastroenterologist).
Asthma Treatment Method
1. Drug treatment
A pulmonologist, taking into account the individual characteristics of the course of the disease, concomitant pathology and the results of diagnostic studies:
- Select drugs for long-term maintenance (basic) therapy and for relief of symptoms;
- Helps you choose the method of drug delivery to the respiratory tract (powder inhaler, metered-dose aerosol inhaler, aerosol inhaler with a spacer, nebulizer), teach you the correct inhalation technique;
- Teach you to independently control your condition with the help of a peak flowmeter and a self-control diary (so you can notice and prevent an impending exacerbation in a timely manner, as well as evaluate the effectiveness of treatment);
- Develop an individual plan of action in case of worsening asthma control or an exacerbation of the disease.
2. Non-drug treatment
In the complex treatment of bronchial asthma, non-drug measures are important:
- Identification and prevention of contact with provoking factors and allergens;
- Hypoallergenic life (frequent wet cleaning, rejection of carpets, replacement of feather pillows with synthetic ones, lack of pets, etc.);
- Use of breathing exercises;
- Patient education;
- Speleotherapy according to indications. You can safely start treatment, which we carry out as quickly and efficiently as possible in Tashkent. Gatling Med Clinic will make you feel confident in yourself and in your health!