Allocate acute and chronic pancreatitis. Acute pancreatitis occurs most often unexpectedly, characterized by acute attacks. But this type of pancreatitis is cured as unexpectedly as it appears. Chronic, on the other hand, has other symptoms, and with prolonged exposure, the pancreas is destroyed.
Currently, the term "chronic pancreatitis" refers to a group of chronic diseases of the pancreas of various etiologies, predominantly of an inflammatory nature, characterized by:
- phase-progressive segmental diffuse-degenerative or destructive changes in the parenchyma;
- atrophy of glandular elements (pancreocytes) and their replacement with connective tissue (fibrosis);
- changes in the ductal system of the pancreas with the formation of cysts and calculi with a violation of the passage of the secret;
- varying degrees of violations of exocrine and endocrine functions.
Causes of chronic pancreatitis:
Among the causes contributing to the development of the disease, the main place is occupied by the use of alcoholic beverages (alcohol accounts for 70-80% of all cases of CP) and pathology of the biliary tract (in particular, ampullary lithiasis, calculi of the major duodenal papilla, pathology of the gastroduodenal zone).
Also contribute to the development of pancreatitis:
- violation of the regime, qualitative and quantitative structure of nutrition;
- food sensitization;
- α1-antitrypsin deficiency;
- long-term use of drugs (diuretics, sulfonamides, metronidazole, nitrofurans, calcium preparations, immunosuppressants, indirect anticoagulants, estrogens, tetracyclines, corticosteroids, etc.).
Symptoms of chronic pancreatitis:
- it's a lean chair
- weight loss
- dull aching pain under the left rib
- feeling of heaviness in the abdomen
- there is nausea, bitterness in the mouth.
Treatment of chronic and acute forms of pancreatitis.
Usually, patients with pancreatitis are prescribed a special diet, in which it is necessary to eat 5-6 times a day in medium portions.
But if you are late in seeking medical help, there is a risk of exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis. In this case, hospitalization cannot be avoided with strict daily monitoring of blood parameters, leukocytes and water balance during the first week.
Also, in the first three days of exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis, it is recommended to fast and take alkaline solutions every two hours.
Chronic pancreatitis is treated by pancreatin-based enzyme replacement therapy. Most often, treatment begins with three tablets before, after and during meals. It is important to note that the necessary enzyme medications for chronic pancreatitis are prescribed for a sufficiently long time, or even for life. And they must be taken strictly following the prescribed diet. Therefore, you should not expose yourself to the risk of an exacerbation of the disease and delay a visit to the doctor.
You can safely start treatment, which we carry out as quickly and efficiently as possible in Tashkent. The Gatling-Med clinic will make you feel confident in yourself and in your health!