24 Hour Emergency
Open 24/7 for convenience, quick and easy access
Diagnosis of hyperprolactinemia
- collecting an anamnesis, during which a woman talks about the existing menstrual irregularities, the use of drugs, changes in sexual desire. The patient must be told to the specialist whether she associates the appearance of disturbing symptoms with any event;
- external examination of the patient, which allows you to determine the general physical condition, the development of secondary sexual characteristics, the condition of the hair and skin;
gynecological examination, which makes it possible to identify involutive processes;
examination of the mammary glands;
- CT or MRI of the pituitary gland to rule out/confirm micro- and macroadenomas;
an ophthalmological examination, during which the doctor examines the fundus, and also reveals changes in visual fields. Usually, patients with pituitary macroadenomas speak of decreased vision and headaches;
- determination of the level of prolactin in blood plasma. As a rule, the concentration is much higher if the patient has a tumor that secretes this hormone;
- determination of the level of thyroid hormones;
analysis to determine the level of hormones produced by the adrenal glands;
carrying out liver and kidney tests designed to exclude the pathology of these organs.
Symptoms of hyperprolactinemia in women
- Violation of the menstrual cycle
The treatment regimen is developed on an individual basis, based on the results of the examination, taking into account the desire of the woman to restore fertility. Medical, surgical treatment, as well as radiation therapy can be used.
To avoid the development of pathology, it is necessary to eliminate the factors that contribute to the increase in prolactin production.
If it is necessary to use drug therapy, especially psychotropic drugs, close attention should be paid to their side effects.
The choice of oral contraceptives should always be made by a doctor based on the results of the examination.
In order to timely diagnose possible relapses, patients with hyperprolactinemia should be observed by a specialist.
You can safely start treatment, which we carry out as quickly and efficiently as possible in Tashkent. Gatling Med Clinic will make you feel confident in yourself and in your health!