Different methods are used to diagnose rheumatoid arthritis:
- laboratory. They involve immunological, biochemical studies and the study of a complete blood count;
- instrumental. Joint puncture, radioisotope examination, x-rays are common diagnostic options;
- biopsy. It also belongs to the instrumental ones, but it is taken out separately, since of all the listed solutions it is used most rarely.
Diagnosis begins with an appointment with a doctor and examination. To make an appointment, you need to contact a rheumatologist.
For those forms when the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis can give a good result, a whole set of different medicines is used:
- anti-inflammatory nonsteroidal drugs;
- basic preparations. They are made on the basis of several active components;
- hormonal substances. In this case, glucocorticoids are used in different forms: tablets, ointments, injections;
- biological agents: monoclonal antibodies, regulators of lymphocyte differentiation, etc.
In addition to the main treatment, patients are offered physiotherapeutic procedures, therapeutic exercises (only at the time of remission). Prevention of osteoporosis is mandatory. And rheumatoid arthritis, if it greatly reduces the quality of life, may involve surgical correction of "difficult" joints.
- drug therapy;
- non-drug methods of therapy;
- orthopedic treatment, rehabilitation.
Based on the pathogenesis of the disease, it becomes obvious that it is possible to effectively influence the development of the disease at two levels:
- suppressing excessive activity of the immune system;
- blocking the production of inflammatory mediators, primarily prostaglandins.
Since, in addition to inflammation itself, the activation of the immune system is accompanied by many other pathological processes, the impact at the first level is much deeper and more effective than at the second. Medical immunosuppression is the mainstay of treatment for rheumatoid arthritis. Immunosuppressants used to treat this disease include DMARDs, biologics, and glucocorticosteroids. At the second level, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and glucocorticosteroids act.
You can safely start treatment, which we carry out as quickly and efficiently as possible in Tashkent. Gatling Med Clinic will make you feel confident in yourself and in your health!