Coprostasis is a condition resulting from chronic constipation, characterized by the absence of defecation (or insignificant defecation - up to 100 g of stool for adults) for at least 48 hours and painful attempts to implement it, combined with signs of intestinal obstruction. Coprostasis is not an independent disease, but is only a clinical sign that accompanies some diseases.
Coprostasis with signs of intestinal obstruction should be distinguished from constipation. Thus, coprostasis is a serious disease that must be eliminated when the first signs appear.
It develops gradually against the background of chronic constipation in history. Most often there is a clinic of colonic (low) obstruction. The frequency of symptoms can vary significantly depending on the etiology of coprostasis, the age and mental status of patients, and the duration of obstruction.
- stool retention or a small amount (less than 100 g / day for adults) for a period of at least 48 hours; observed in 65-100% of cases;
- abdominal pain - 32-99%;
- vomiting - 23-48%;
- bloating - 48-65%;
- splashing noise during auscultation - 46-51%;
- palpable tumor - 18-65%.
- Use of enemas with mineral oils, sodium phosphate and/or saline solutions.
- Manual removal (possibly with the use of general anesthesia).
- The question of the use of osmotic laxatives is debatable. Most authors do not recommend this method for use.
- Surgical intervention is required extremely rarely, in case of complications (perforation) or ineffectiveness of conservative therapy.
During the operation in the distal colon, dense, finger-crumpled fecal masses are determined, above which the colon is swollen.
It is necessary to make sure that there is no tumor obstruction below the fecal column. If the patient has a clean fecal blockage, during the operation, the large intestine is freed from fecal contents by simultaneous actions from the abdominal cavity and from the anus.
You can safely start treatment, which we carry out as quickly and efficiently as possible in Tashkent. Gatling Med Clinic will make you feel confident in yourself and in your health!