- Preeclampsia can be asymptomatic or cause swelling or excessive weight gain. Localized edema, such as that of the face or hands, is more common than generalized edema.
- Reflexes may be elevated, indicating neuromuscular irritability, which may progress to convulsions (eclampsia).
- Petechiae and other signs of a clotting disorder may appear.
Preeclampsia with severe symptoms can cause organ damage;
these signs may include:
- Strong headache
- Visual impairment
- Confusion of consciousness
- Pain in the epigastrium or right upper quadrant of the abdomen
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- shortness of breath
- Stroke (rare)
Diagnosis and prevention of preeclampsia
Early diagnosis of preeclampsia in pregnant women allows to stop complications. The Gatling-Med clinic is equipped with everything necessary for the comprehensive diagnosis of preeclampsia - a laboratory complex where you can perform any type of analysis, radiation (ultrasound, CT, MRI) and functional diagnostics (CTG) departments, comfortable modern hospitals. If necessary, you can get advice from doctors of any specialty and medical consultations.
We recommend that all pregnant women from the early stages regularly visit an obstetrician-gynecologist and undergo examinations: measuring blood pressure, determining the level of protein in the urine, monitoring the dynamics of weight gain, coagulogram, complete blood count, ultrasound of the internal organs and the fetus during pregnancy.
Treatment of preeclampsia
Treatment of preeclampsia is carried out according to international protocols. The tactics of treatment is chosen individually after a comprehensive examination and, if necessary, a consultation. Mild preeclampsia can be corrected on an outpatient basis with a diet and a sparing regimen as prescribed by an obstetrician-gynecologist. For the treatment of moderate and severe preeclampsia, hospitalization will be required.
You can safely start treatment, which we carry out as quickly and efficiently as possible in Tashkent. Gatling Med Clinic will make you feel confident in yourself and in your health!