An abscess is a painful abscess surrounded by inflamed tissue. Often it can be easily felt. Such a formation can appear on any part of the body, but most often affected:
• The area around the anus and vagina (abscess of the Bartholin glands);
• Tissue around the tooth;
• Skin in the groin area;
• Hair follicles.
Causes of abscesses
• Purulent soft tissue abscess may be a complication of skin injury;
• Post-injection abscess develops when the drug is injected with a non-sterile syringe, in severe cases, a purulent process may spread - phlegmon;
• Such a process often complicates the course of any infectious diseases of a bacterial nature, for example, a paratonsillar abscess develops as a sore throat
• Abscesses in the abdomen can develop when microbes are carried through the blood vessels;
If there is pain, swelling of the skin, the formation of a tubercle on it or a seal with a softened center, you must contact the surgeon.
• An abscess is treated under local anesthesia.
• The skin is disinfected, an anesthetic is injected, the abscess is opened.
• After emptying the cavity, it is washed with an antiseptic solution and dried.
• Drainage is inserted into the wound for 1-2 days and covered with a sterile bandage.
Immediately after such an operation, the patient feels much better. Additionally, the doctor may prescribe antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs. After a few days, the drainage is removed.
With abscesses of internal organs, the principle of treatment is the same - opening, cleansing, drainage. Access to the desired organ may require extensive surgery or the use of endoscopic techniques.
Surgeons do not recommend treating an abscess at home, because this can lead to a delay in the process and the development of sepsis. However, people often use lotions with aloe juice, onion gruel, compresses with rye bread. We advise you to immediately contact the clinic by making an appointment by phone.
Do not pierce or squeeze out the contents of the abscess. So you can provoke the spread of infection through the blood vessels.
You can safely start treatment, which we carry out as quickly and efficiently as possible in Tashkent. Gatling Med Clinic will make you feel confident in yourself and in your health!