Inguinal hernia is a pathological protrusion of the peritoneum into the inguinal canal cavity. Men are much more common (risk 27 % in men and 3% in women). The inguinal canal is a triangular cavity in which women have a round ligament of the uterus, and men have a spermatic cord. Inguinal hernias are among the most common abdominal wall hernias.
Symptoms of inguinal hernia
* feeling of heaviness in the stomach;
* the appearance in the inguinal region of the swelling changing in size, disappearing in the supine position;
* the occurrence of pain in the hernia area after lifting weights or tension;
* feeling uncomfortable when walking.
The presence of these clinical symptoms is an indication for emergency surgery.
Abdominal hernias are a common surgical pathology. Up to 500 thousand patients with hernias are operated annually in the CIS countries, the USA and the UK.
There are various surgical strategies in the treatment of inguinal hernia. To close the hernia can be used mesh (synthetic or biological), open surgery or laparoscopy, type of anesthesia (General or local), the feasibility of bilateral closure, etc.
The operation is performed under General anesthesia. It identifies the following stages:
• Access to the inguinal canal;
* Isolation from surrounding tissues and removal of hernia SAC;
* Suturing the inguinal opening to normal size when it expands or collapses;
* Plastic surgery of the inguinal canal.
* minimal pain syndrome;
* hospital stay 1 day;
* relapses are extremely rare (up to 1%).
Obturation hernioplasty - through a skin incision (3-4 cm), a hernial SAC is released, set into the abdominal cavity and an obturation mesh is sewn into the inguinal canal, which completely prevents the subsequent formation of a hernia.
Tashkent clinic ‘Gatling-med", equipped with the latest equipment and doctors with 10 years of experience is ready to answer all your questions, as well as to conduct proper treatment at a guaranteed high level.