Proctitis is a disease in which the mucous membrane of the rectum is damaged. Proctitis is one of the most common diseases of the rectum, often combined with inflammation in the final part of the large intestine - the sigmoid colon (proctosigmoiditis), inflammation of the inner lining of the large intestine (colitis), hemorrhoids or anal fissures. According to the course of the disease, acute and chronic proctitis are distinguished.
Symptoms of proctitis:
- Pain in the rectum is present, but they are very weak, practically do not cause anxiety to the patient.
- Itching and burning. They are also relatively weak.
- An increase in body temperature is not always observed. Most often, its performance does not exceed 37 * C.
- Constant discharge from the rectum. They look like mucus or pus.
- Impurities in the feces of blood in certain forms of proctitis, for example, caused by ulcerative colitis, chronic anal fissures.
- Paleness, anemia. Develop with chronic bleeding in the rectum.
- Exhaustion. It occurs if proctitis is caused by cancerous tumors of the rectum and other serious diseases.
To prescribe the correct treatment for inflammation of the rectum, you need to conduct a complete examination of the human body. The diagnosis is established on the basis of all data, including a digital examination of the rectum, examination of the intestine with the help of rectoscopy, colonoscopy, biopsy of the intestinal wall, and stool culture.
The method of treating proctitis is determined by the nature of the disease, its severity, the presence of symptoms, the development of complications, etc. Some patients need short-term treatment for inflammation of the rectum, others need long-term treatment and medical supervision.
Be sure to follow a sparing (mechanically and chemically) diet. Fractional nutrition is introduced.
You can safely start treatment, which we carry out as quickly and efficiently as possible in Tashkent. Gatling Med Clinic will make you feel confident in yourself and in your health!