Facial neuritis is an inflammation of the nerves that control the movement of the facial muscles. The most common factors provoking the development of this disease are:
- hypothermia due to exposure to drafts;
-infections (mumps, measles);
-inflammatory processes of the middle ear, sinuses, brain.
-Accordingly, neuritis is primary (from hypothermia) and secondary (caused by the rest of the listed reasons).
This disease is characterized by impaired sensitivity, pain in the ear region, hearing and taste disorders, increased salivation. 98% of cases of neuritis are accompanied by obvious facial asymmetry, noticeable at rest and sharply intensified with facial movements. On the affected side of the face, folds are smoothed, the shape of the palpebral fissure changes (it becomes wider). If you ask the patient to wrinkle the forehead, then folds will not form on the affected area of the face. The nasolabial fold is also smoothed out, and the corner of the mouth is constantly lowered. Bringing teeth or laughing is accompanied by pulling the mouth over to the healthy side. If you close your eyes, one eye will not close completely.
Treatment of neuritis of the facial nerve is carried out on an outpatient basis. The exception is cases of disease associated with ear pathology that require surgical intervention.
1. At home, it is necessary to spare the organs of vision. Due to incomplete closure of the eyelids, the cornea of the eye dries out quickly, so it must be constantly moistened with special drops, wear dark glasses during the day, and cover your eyes with a bandage at night.
2. The basis of the treatment of facial neuritis is glucocorticoid preparations (prednisolone), which are often supplemented with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and antiviral agents.
3. If facial neuritis is caused by damage to the part of the nerve that passes through the labyrinth, middle ear, or mastoid, only surgery will give the best results.
4. In severe cases, accompanied by paralysis of the facial muscles, microsurgical neurological operations for stitching or transplanting nerves are performed.
You can safely start treatment, which we carry out as quickly and efficiently as possible in Tashkent. The Gatling Med clinic will make you feel confident in yourself and your health.