Acute paraproctitis is an inflammatory process in which the infection penetrates into the tissues of the peri-rectal region from the lumen of the rectum (the mouths of the anal glands located at the bottom of the anal crypts)
Acute paraproctitis develops as a result of errors in personal hygiene, trauma to the rectum and anal canal, frequent constipation or penetration, local hypothermia or overheating, as a complication of chronic hemorrhoids, anal fissure and some inflammatory diseases of the colon. Chronic diseases of other organs and systems are the predisposing factors of this disease.
Types of paraproctitis:
This disease can proceed in different ways. At the moment, there are 3 types of paraproctitis:
- Subcutaneous. An abscess forms in the anus under the skin, which is clearly visible on examination.
- Submucous. The abscess is located deeper, in the mucous membranes and is not always quickly diagnosed.
- Deep. The most complex form of paraproctitis, in which the abscess is located deep in the adipose tissue of the pelvis.
Paraproctitis develops gradually with an increase in body temperature to 37-38 degrees Celsius, discomfort and pain during bowel movements, pain in the anus and the inner surface of the buttock on the corresponding side.
Subsequently, the symptoms intensify, the general condition is significantly disturbed, the body temperature rises to 39-40 degrees Celsius, sleep and appetite are disturbed. With the long-term existence of the disease, the abscess can break through into the lumen of the adjacent hollow organs, followed by the formation of long-healing wounds and fistulous passages.
Surgery often scares patients. They are trying to find methods for the treatment of acute and chronic paraproctitis without surgery. It is especially important to choose a gentle treatment for paraproctitis in children under one year old, when the operation can cause complications.
There are the following methods of conservative treatment:
- Antibiotics. Pus indicates the presence of a bacterial infection, so antibiotics are almost always prescribed. Specific drugs are selected taking into account age and other characteristics.
- Local drugs. Various anti-inflammatory and healing suppositories, ointments are used, which also make it possible to relieve pain.
- Diet. Proper nutrition plays an important role. It is necessary to monitor regular bowel movements and avoid constipation, as well as not overload the intestines.
- Physiotherapy. Microwave therapy and infrared irradiation are often used. Such procedures help stop inflammation and accelerate tissue regeneration.
You can safely start treatment, which we carry out as quickly and efficiently as possible in Tashkent. The Gatling Med clinic will make you feel confident in yourself and your health!