Acute appendicitis is an acute inflammation of the inner lining of the appendix. It is the most common cause of acute surgery and most often occurs between 10 and 30 years of age.
Pain usually starts in the center of the abdomen, then descends to its lower right side. As a rule, it intensifies within 12-18 hours and becomes very pronounced.
The treatment for appendicitis is immediate surgical removal of the appendix. Without surgery, it leads to serious complications.
• Aching pain in the abdomen that starts at the navel and then usually moves to the lower right side of the abdomen.
• Short-term nausea, vomiting.
• Loss of appetite, constipation.
• Abdominal pain that gets worse over several hours.
• Sharp pain in the lower right side of the abdomen that occurs when there is a sudden release of pressure on probing.
• Pain in the abdomen, aggravated by coughing, walking, with sudden movements.
• Soreness of the abdomen in the lower right side when probing.
• An increase in body temperature up to 37.7-38.3 °C.
• In children under 3 years of age, behavioral changes and refusal to eat, as well as diarrhea and vomiting.
• In elderly patients, symptoms may not be expressed.
The difficulty lies in the fact that typical symptoms are characteristic of only 50% of patients. Sometimes abdominal pain may be absent, not localized on the right side, etc. Atypical symptoms are usually observed in the elderly and pregnant women.
The treatment for appendicitis is to immediately remove the inflamed appendix. Currently, mortality from appendicitis does not exceed 1%. With a delay in treatment, the risk of death increases.
In most cases, surgical intervention can be performed in a low-traumatic way through a small incision in the right lower abdomen. Antibiotics are recommended prior to surgery. In case of purulent complications, the scope of the operation can be extended.
After removing the appendix for several weeks, the following safety precautions should be observed for speedy healing:
• Avoid physical exertion, support the stomach (hand) when coughing and laughing, so as not to open the seams;
• Activity should be increased gradually.
You can safely start treatment, which we carry out as quickly and efficiently as possible in Tashkent. Gatling Med Clinic will make you feel confident in yourself and in your health!