1. Paronychia, as we have already said, often develops after various injuries, for example, a blow, a cut or an injection with a non-sterile object, a bite, a poorly performed manicure, and so on.
2. It is worth remembering that this is an infectious disease and the infection can be brought directly into the affected area, and can also migrate from nearby areas.
3. The periungual roller and nail can become infected when exposed to chemicals and high temperatures, when wearing tight shoes, with an ingrown nail, and can also be the result of skin diseases such as eczema, psoriasis, mycosis, a complication of diabetes mellitus.
Finding out the cause of paronychia will help the doctor prevent the development of the disease in the future.
Such a purulent-inflammatory process as paronychia is very similar to panaritium, however, in this case, the nail and periungual tissue are involved in the process.
1. The disease often develops after an injury in this area and in most cases looks like this. Initially, a small area of the skin turns red, becomes sensitive when pressed.
2. Then pus joins (white content appears), the formation increases in size and becomes painful at rest, the patient complains of a feeling of fullness.
3. The nail hurts a lot when pressed. The abscess can open on its own.
Most patients turn to doctors in the later stages of the disease, as a result of which the treatment can be more radical, and the rehabilitation period can be long.
Paronychia is an acute purulent inflammation of the periungual fold and subungual space. More often localized on the fingers of the hands than the feet. This is a common condition that not only destroys the beauty of the nail, but is also accompanied by pain and other discomfort. If you start treatment on time, you can avoid the development of complications and completely restore the nail.
If you notice the appearance of swelling, pain, and even accumulation of pus under the nail or around it, do not try to remove the pus yourself, but immediately contact the surgeon!
You can safely start treatment, which we carry out as quickly and efficiently as possible in Tashkent. Gatling Med Clinic will make you feel confident in yourself and in your health!