- Excessive hair growth in the male pattern - on the chin, chest, upper back and abdomen;
- obesity (formed in 40% of patients);
- rashes on the skin in the form of acne, seborrhea;
- violation of menstruation - an excessively long or short cycle, the absence of an established cycle, heavy or scanty bleeding. Over time, the interval between periods increases and amenorrhea occurs.
Irregular menstruation can lead to infertility due to lack of ovulation. Accidental pregnancies are possible, but they often end in spontaneous miscarriages. In some women, polycystic ovarian changes can be expressed in vegetative-vascular disorders and symptoms similar to menopause.
Diagnosis of polycystic ovarian changes
Important: The diagnosis is not made only by the results of the examination or ultrasound. It is established by a gynecologist on the basis of an instrumental examination, the conclusions of an endocrinologist and a specialist in ultrasound diagnostics.
What does the diagnosis of polycystic ovary syndrome include:
- examination - collection of complaints, external manifestations, questioning about heredity, palpation of the ovaries;
- Ultrasound of the pelvic organs;
- laboratory tests for hormones - luteinizing, serum testosterone, prolactin.
Also, when making a diagnosis, a pregnancy test, an ultrasound examination of the adrenal glands, a blood test for sugar, a determination of the level of cholesterol, lipoproteins are carried out. To exclude congenital pathologies, it is recommended to conduct MRI of the Turkish saddle and ultrasound of the thyroid gland.
Ways and methods of treatment of ovaries
The tactics of the doctor depends on the clinical manifestations and the causes of the disease. It should be aimed at restoring hormonal balance, returning the possibility of pregnancy and relieving unpleasant symptoms.
First of all, it is recommended to reduce weight when it exceeds the norm - to establish a balanced diet and increase physical activity. It is noted that in women without obesity, the cycle and ovulation are better restored, and insulin sensitivity is also significantly increased.
Medical treatment for polycystic ovaries includes:
- Hormonal contraceptives.
- Estrogen-progestin preparations.
- Insulin sensitizers (drugs to correct insulin resistance).
In the absence of the effect of conservative therapy, an operation is prescribed. It can be carried out by drilling (laser notches of the ovaries to stimulate ovulation), removal of polycystic disease using wedge resection. With this treatment, pregnancy usually occurs within 6 to 12 months.
You can safely start treatment, which we carry out as quickly and efficiently as possible in Tashkent. Gatling Med Clinic will make you feel confident in yourself and in your health!